The reopening of schools in Ogun state for the first term of 2020/2021 session, has been made public by Ogun Government.
According to a Press release by Kunle Somorin, Chief Press Secretary to Governor Dapo Abiodun, “this second phase of the reopening of schools is extended to all classes in primary and secondary schools, Technical and Vocational Colleges, and Tertiary Institutions”.
He added that guidelines for school operations and the schools hours are staggered as follows for public schools:
- Primary 1 to primary 38.00am to 11.00am
- Primary 4 to Primary 612.00noon to 3.00pm
- JSS 1 to JSS38.00am to 11.00am
- SS1 to SS312.00noon to 3.00pm
According to the Press statement;
- Technical and Vocational will operate their normal school hours of 8.00am to 2.00pm
Early Child Care Development and Education classes i.e. 3-5 years of age will not be resuming in public schools until the next phase of schools’ reopening.
- Private schools are also expected to take necessary measures to meet the COVID-19 protocols for physical distancing, among other requirements.
- Tertiary institutions are allowed to commence reopening from 21 September, 2020 as may be determined by their respective Management.
Kunle Somorin said that, primary 6 students desirous of placement into the State-owned Boarding Schools will sit for the Common Entrance Examination on Saturday, 12 September, 2020.
The hitherto JSS3 students who have now been promoted to SS1 will write their Basic Education Certificate Examination (BECE) in October, 2020, with suspension of general assembly.
The statement directed the Ministry of Education, Science and Technology to provide all public schools with the required items to meet the guidelines and private school owners are enjoined to do same.
Please, remember to always LIKE our facebook page (Like sign )
You will like to read this: